Saturday, April 24, 2010

Double Down!

So, as you could gather from my latest post, I've been indulging myself a little bit this week. Well, the indulging continued today.

We had our end of semester cleaning checks today, and I've been taking some time each of the last few days making sure that our bathroom was as clean as could be. I finally finished everything today and sat down to relax in front of the TV. After watching some Holmes on Homes, I realized that I was really hungry because it was almost lunch time and I hadn't eaten breakfast yet. This opened the door perfectly for my latest indulgence...the KFC Double Down.

For those of you who haven't seen the commercials, the Double Down is a sandwich that uses chicken in place of the buns. Here's the description found on the KFC website

The new KFC Double Down sandwich is real! This one-of-a-kind sandwich features two thick and juicy boneless white meat chicken filets (Original Recipe® or Grilled), two pieces of bacon, two melted slices of Monterey Jack and pepper jack cheese and Colonel's Sauce. This product is so meaty, there’s no room for a bun!

So, the first time I saw the commercial on TV I thought to myself, "you have to be kidding me. They're really marketing this?" It seemed delicious yet disgusting at the same time, but I told myself that I had to try it at least once, so I did today. The verdict? It was delicious. And it wasn't as greasy and nasty as I thought it would be. The only problem was that the seasonings on the chicken overpowered everything else. I couldn't really taste the bacon and only occasionally tasted the cheese. It was pretty much just like eating a couple of pieces of KFC chicken. But, like I said, delicious.

4 comments:

  1. It is so gross-looking packaged like that, but I think if it was a couple of pieces of chicken on a plate, with bacon and cheese on top, nobody would even blink. Still, it seems a weird creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit I've thought about trying it too, but these days my body only likes watermelon. Do you think I could ask for a double-down with watermelon to accommodate my gall bladder?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet that "sandwich" has more calories in it then your supposed to eat in a single day... still it looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm. I am going to have to get one of those too.

    ReplyDelete