Thursday, April 22, 2010

It's Over!

Yesterday was the last day of finals. I had actually taken my last exam on Tuesday, but I still have some research stuff that I needed to work on and turn in by 5:00 pm yesterday for another class, so I didn't get to feel like finals were over until last night. I'm not sure how I did in my classes, but I'm not going to worry about that until I see my grades.

Here's how I celebrated. First, I left all my books and papers and such in my office and didn't take home a single school/related thing. That right there felt pretty good. Then I let myself play some Guitar Hero when I got home. Then my roommates and I went out to Outback Steakhouse to fill ourselves with beef. I got a nice ribeye steak with garlic mashed potatoes, caesar salad, and a pomegranate mango lemonade (which was amazing). I even had leftovers that I ate for lunch today, and they were still delicious. I also started reading Catching Fire last night. It's the sequel to The Hunger Games. I read The Hunger Games a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it and stayed up far too late reading it a few nights in a row. So, I told myself that I couldn't start reading the next one until after finals were over.

I'm still going to have one class this spring term and I have a lot I need to get done for my research, but I'm really looking forward to spring and summer and feeling a little more free to do what I want and not feel like I should be working on something else. Oh, I've also decided that I need to get a little more active again. I bought a cool blue, three-piece suite last summer for really cheap. I hadn't worn it for almost eight months before last week when we had a formal dinner as a ward activity. Well, the vest and jacket sure didn't fit like they used to. And I think "fit" is a generous term there. So, I need to get moving again.

1 comment:

  1. I loved The Hunger Games! I could never put it down. I'm dying to read Catching Fire, but I can't get it from the library. I need to put a hold on it, I guess.

    Congratulations on finishing your semester, especially one with your qualifier in the middle! I think you should celebrate by coming to Florida. (Mom gets here May 8, and will be here till may 22.)

    ReplyDelete