Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Great Night


Last night I went to my first ever big concert. It was awesome. Muse came to Salt Lake City and performed at the E-Center.

I've been to a couple of smaller events, but never anything that I had to pay more than $10 or $15 for. The biggest act up until now would have been when I went to the Calgary Stampede a few years ago and saw Good Charlotte doing the free outdoor show. I'm not much of a fan of Good Charlotte, and it was a fairly small crowd, but it was fun.

Anyway, Muse is the first band to come around (and whose tour date I was aware of) that I really wanted to see. So, after talking about it and tiptoeing around the idea for about a month, a couple of my roommates and I bought tickets. Money well spent. I had heard that they put on a good show, and they definitely didn't disappoint last night. They had a lot of cool effects, lazers, videos, and whatnot. But, most importantly, they sounded amazing. They played quite a bit of stuff from their new album, which was pretty good, and they played a lot of our favorites such as Supermassive Blackhole, Hysteria, Map of the Problematique, Knights of Cydonia, Plug in Baby, and Time in Running Out. Even though they came back out and played three or four encore songs, it still felt way too short and I definitely could have stayed for another couple of hours. But, I guess they do need to stop at some point.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked it, whatnot and all. I'm also glad you got home safe. Good luck with Old Lolla.

    ReplyDelete