Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Apollo 13


Today's BYU forum was one of the neatest one's I've been to in a long time. Captain James Lovell, commander of Apollo 13, came and spoke to us today. His address was titled "Apollo 13: A Successful Failure." He pretty much told the story of the Apollo 13 mission from his point of view, which was a pretty amazing one.

I had heard the story of Apollo 13 before. I've seen the movie quite a few times. This was a completely different experience. It was just so fascinating to look at him and think that he was actually one of the astronauts in trouble up there. To think that he had lived it. Not only that, but he is quite the story teller and has gotten quite good at sharing this experience of his.

I don't know if any audio or video files of this forum will be posted online. Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't. I think it has to do with whether or not the speaker will let BYU put it up. Anyway, if they are put up, I highly recommend checking it out.

2 comments:

  1. Just so you know, your dad is officially envious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I couldn't help but think that dad would have loved it.

    ReplyDelete