Monday, May 17, 2010

A Close Encounter

I had a neat encounter tonight. My FHE group went up and hiked around Bridal Veil Falls tonight. It was the first time I had ever gone up there. It was nice short hike and it was fun to walk around by the falls a bit. Before leaving, everyone got together for a big group picture. I was toward the edge of the group and turned for a second and noticed a bird out of the corner of my eye. It was flying toward me and started to get really close. I was quite surprised by how close it was getting, so I turned some more to get a better look at it. Well, when I turned, I noticed that it wasn't flying like any bird I had seen before, and it wasn't moving forward very fast. That's when I realized that I wasn't looking at a bird. I was looking at a bat. Anyway, it flew right by me within about a foot of my arm. It was really neat. It landed a few feet away and everyone got a good look at it. It's amazing how small bats can curl up. I swear, their wings look like tissue paper when they are flying.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has nothing to do with bats, but is going back to your double down post. KFC was only going to offer that sandwich through this Sunday, but since it's been such a wild success, it will be available until customer interest wanes and sales fall. So how's about getting another one, and adding more bacon to it to meet your flavour needs?

    ReplyDelete