Monday, February 17, 2014

Books in 2013

Once again, it has been nearly a year since I last posted anything on here.  But, the least I can do is put up my annual list of books that I read the previous year.  So, here they are, the books that I read in 2013.

1. The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown
2. Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card
3. Ender's Shadow - Orson Scott Card
4. The Toaster Project - Thomas Thwaites
5. Odd Interlude - Dean Koontz
6. Two Graves - Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
7. Dave Barry is from Mars and Venus - Dave Barry
8. Clapton - Eric Clapton
9. What the Night Knows - Dean Koontz
10. Speaker for the Dead - Orson Scott Card
11. Odd Apocalypse - Dean Koontz
12. Falling Backwards - Jann Arden
13. The Hobbit - J.R.R. Tolkien

There you have it  Apparently I didn't read quite as much last year as in previous years.  Hopefully I can remedy that this year.

Also, for anybody who has read any of the Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz, someone has apparently made a movie of the first book.  Anton Yelchin (Chekov from the new Star Trek movies) plays Odd.  The trailer is below.  It looks like it could be a fun movie, but nowhere near as good as the book.  It just doesn't look or feel right to me.  But, it could be fun.

3 comments:

  1. It's been a long time since I've read any of the Odd Thomas books, but I really liked them, and the movie might be interesting. Plus, I like Anton Yelchin, especially as Chekov in the new Star Trek movies.

    I'm currently reading more of the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series. Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad has really been enjoying Chris Hadfield's "An Astronaut's Guide to Life On Earth".

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good to hear. I'm going to have to add that to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete